Trunk and system's subversion

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Tue May 11 23:18:34 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Joshua is recommending that you do not change binpath, and I concur.
> I recommend you "sudo port install subversion". Then you will have an up-to-date subversion client in the MacPorts prefix and it will use that when you next run selfupdate.

And I won't, it's just for the sake of knowledge. Where's a list of
variables that can be set by appending to command line?

> I further recommend you remove the Subversion you installed in /usr/local, and anything else you installed there. Such things can interfere with MacPorts.

That's the SCPlugin plugin for Finder integration with svn that I'm
using with Leopard, not sure if new (Cocoa) Finder handle same
plugins. No big deal, I'm re-checking out dports with system's 1.4.4
to be safe.

--
Andrea