[MacPorts] ProblemHotlist modified

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 24 09:09:32 PDT 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 10:47, Craig Fairhurst wrote:

> Somebody had the same problem here: http://trac.macports.org/ticket/24934
> He assumed doing a manual checkout of gettext solved the problem but like someone indicated it wouldn't of had an effect. The reinstall is what solved his problem.

Are you sure that's the right ticket? As you can see, I have been following this ticket very closely, and I don't see this error message in this ticket. If it's in there, please point it out to me.

> The generic message is returned because gettext is a common library although it could be any library really. Perhaps replacing "gettext" with "name of library" would be better.

No, I'm saying "Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade (port name) failed" is a generic message. It just means the port failed to upgrade. It says nothing about why it failed to upgrade. The real more-specific error message will be displayed on some line about this line.

> Note: MacPorts didn't warn me about no Xcode install.

Are you running MacPorts 1.9+? We haven't released it yet.

P.S: Please Reply All so this discussion stays on the mailing list.