[73039] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/qt4-1.0.tcl

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Nov 5 07:28:56 PDT 2010

On 2010-11-6 00:49 , Michael Dickens wrote:
> I just updated to the latest SVN version of 'port', and "get_canonical_archs" no longer works for me (it did from 'port' just a few weeks old): it is always set to the native compile arch no matter if I specify +universal or anything else.  Any other suggestions on how to globally set arch types?  I can always revert back to using a 'proc' that is sets the option/global, which would then be correctly set & available for use.

Seems like it's working as expected to me. Can you give an example
portfile that demonstrates the problem?

> Another question related to this: what is the difference between a 'global' variable versus an 'options' one?

The options proc sets up the proc with the same name as the variable
that can be used to set it, and also the -append/-delete procs. Options
can also have defaults. (As things stand 'default' would probably work
on any variable, but that's an implementation detail that shouldn't be
relied upon.)

- Josh