Slow dependency computation

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Nov 5 14:38:33 PDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 12:02:37PM -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> Probably the only reason is that no one implemented it yet (and maybe you are the first person to notice that it's an issue).
>
> I imagine a patch to improve this behavior would get committed eagerly :)

I was actually asking if there was any reason I shouldn't write a patch
to fix it, but...

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:08:53AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I saw some commits from Joshua after Dan's message got posted. Maybe it's already fixed?

...yep, Josh fixed it faster than I could get a trunk install of base
set up.

Now the only problem is that texlive +full still takes forever to
*install*. ;-)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/