A few new features for `port`

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Nov 8 01:15:19 PST 2010

On 2010-11-08 08:59 , Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Galen Wright-Watson wrote:
>
>> I've a few customizations for the `port` command, and I'm getting tired of patching with each new release, so I'm offering them up for inclusion into the base, should others be interested. The attached "port.patch" contains a patch with the changes. If others are interested, what's the next step?

Thanks, these are interesting ideas!

> [...]
>> New commands:
>>   space/size [-KMB]: show disk space used by an active port, in KiB (-K), MiB (-M), or auto-scaled units (-B).
>
> Some other commands, like df, use -H (human-readable) for that.
> Option -B could be "bytes" instead, for non-human processing ?

Single-letter options are global. As this is used by only one command,
it should use local double-dash options for that.

Remember:
   port [global-options] action [local-options] ...

I suggest to use "port size --human-readable". Note that this can be
abbreviated already up to --h if it is unambiguous.

Rainer