xmlto dependencies on texlive

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Mon Nov 8 20:35:49 PST 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 01:47:48AM +0200, Rainer M?ller wrote:
> On 2010-10-27 03:58 , Dan Ports wrote:
> > Can move xmlto's dblatex/texlive dependencies into a variant, or better
> > yet a separate port?
>
> As these are runtime dependencies, I assume we could remove them from
> xmlto and add them on individual ports who need that as build dependencies.
>
> Of course that means to look at each port using xmlto if it also needs
> dblatex or not.

I looked through the ports that depend on xmlto and it doesn't look
like any of them actually use dblatex to generate PDF documentation.
Most are just generating manpages or HTML documentation. Some of the
xorg-* +doc ports generate PDFs, but they use fop to do it.

So I'm thinking it should be safe to remove the dblatex and texlive
dependencies from xmlto.

Before I do this, does anyone know of any ports that *do* need
xmlto+dblatex to build documentation? (I might have missed something.)

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/