Howto Section

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 13 12:00:25 PST 2010

If you mean the link on http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto to "How to build 64-bit binaries? (unwritten)", then we don't actually have a how-to for it; we have a link to a nonexistent wiki page inviting someone to write that how-to. That placeholder has been there for a long time, so I'm guessing nobody really needs that how-to. I guess the entirety of the how-to could be expressed as "On Snow Leopard, ports build 64-bit. On Leopard, change build_arch in macports.conf to x86_64 (or ppc64 on PowerPC Macs) to build 64-bit." So not very exciting.