trunk and use_xz

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Nov 16 15:58:32 PST 2010

Regarding trunk: Is use_xz setting the deps properly?

I just tried installing something that pulled in texlive-common, and texlive-common couldn't find xz. The relevant file is port1.0/portfetch.tcl, wherein the depends_extract is set. Port deps doesn't report the extract dependencies, so I can't easily check that it's included in the deps.

Is it a combination of using archivemode and texlive-common not yet having an archive on my system that causes macports to dump the extract dependencies? Does anyone else see any issues when installing something that depends on texlive-common?

--->  Fetching archive for texlive-common
--->  Attempting to fetch texlive-common-2010_0.noarch.tbz2 from http://lavergne.gotdns.org/macports/darwin_10/noarch/texlive-common
--->  Fetching texlive-common
--->  Attempting to fetch texlive-common-2010.tar.xz from http://flute.csail.mit.edu/texlive/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for texlive-common
--->  Extracting texlive-common
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: Failed to locate 'xz' in path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin'