macportstrac.sh

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Oct 14 11:08:17 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-14 19:40 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> I was interested in a simple and quick way to see if a port has any
> tickets in trac. I wrote a simple shell script as a starting point.
> Maybe there is already a command line svn-trac integration tool? I
> think this might be a nice feature to add to port itself.

http://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&port=~foo

The operator =~ means "contains", while = would be an exact match. It is
also possible to use the other output formats CSV or Tab separated with
format=csv resp. format=tab.

The report Jeremy referred to is a bit older and is a hacked up SQL
query (written by me) before I knew a Trac query can already do what I
want. As Trac query allows more customization it should be preferred to
use that.

See the Trac help pages in the wiki for more information:
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/TracQuery

There is also an XMLRPC plugin for Trac, which could be of use for
writing advanced client software. But we should speak with Bill first if
it is okay to use that (IIRC it is installed on MacOSforge but disabled):

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin

Rainer