[72523] trunk/dports/net

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Tue Oct 19 12:19:46 PDT 2010

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> Should use multiple checksums.
>>
>> From the macports svn ? I suppose it could, but...
>
> I think it's a security measure we want every port to exemplify.

And you still want to use both sha1/rmd160 rather
than just sha256, right ? (In addition to the md5.)

>>> Should use port:-style dependencies.
>>
>> What is wrong with library (lib) dependencies ?
>
> A library the user installed in another location without using
> MacPorts could satisfy the dependency, but we don't want that to be
> possible.

So how do you encode the version in a port: depends ?
Just trust that everything is upgraded automatically ?

Seems like there is an error in the dependency anyway.
Supposed to be "fetch.5" rather than "libfetch.5"...

And lib:ssl:openssl installed openssl @1.0.0a_0 anyway,
even though /usr/lib/libssl.dylib was also available.

--anders