Getting a second MacPorts into action FAILS

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sat Oct 23 06:43:47 PDT 2010

> Hi Marko - I'm not a dbus user, except when testing KDE ports .. so I really can't comment on whether or not this method will work.  Hopefully someone else on this list is :)
I really don't see why it wouldn't work!
Anyway, by default the daemons and agents get obviously NOT started. The user has to follow the port install's instruction and take care of it him/herself.
So, let's go for it! :)
Don't hesitate. ;)

> BTW> If you do "sudo port selfupdate" then you'll get the qt4-mac change ... it's in the MP server already; users just need to "pull" it to themselves. - MLD
I know it should be the case. I saw the change when I pulled the SVN version just now - and had a look at its log…
I had done a self-update not so long ago (30 mins or so), so I seem to have missed the change by only a bit. ;)