Tracking the number of downloads

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sun Oct 24 06:06:16 PDT 2010

On Oct 24, 2010, at 5:27 AM, Marko Käning wrote:

> Yes, I do see the privacy concern. The tracking of downloads would have to be disconnected from the downloading user of course.
>
> But I see that with all these questions it's not high priority for you to work on it.

Even seeing the web stats as a public view could be nice, just to see which ports are showing up most in searches and which are ranking best.  This could help on any future redesign efforts on the site.

SiteMeter seems to be showing its head on a few higher profile sites these days.  It could be an interesting start, though not accurate for actual port download numbers.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)