Getting a second MacPorts into action FAILS

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 25 11:32:40 PDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 13:18, Marko Käning wrote:

>> I see in my conf now that it is set to default, which is why it probably got installed together with dbus…

But what I'm saying is that the dbus port (and probably all other ports that manually install plists instead of using the MacPorts facilities for that) are installing the plist even if startupitem_type is none. And these ports should be changed to not do that anymore.

> Now that we are at it, is it perhaps better to set this to NONE???

Users who do not want launchd plists to be installed should set this to none. That would be users who install MacPorts into a prefix in their home directory, or users who are installing a second MacPorts prefix in addition to a primary one. The default should stay as it is.