help2man upgrade failed

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Tue Oct 26 11:22:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

help2man upgrade failed, any ideas?

thanks
christof

NeoVIII:~ LPM$ sudo port -v upgrade outdated
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for help2man.
--->  Configuring help2man
checking for perl... /opt/local/bin/perl
checking for module Locale::gettext... no
checking for msgfmt... /opt/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc-4.2
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for library containing dlsym... none required
checking for library containing bindtextdomain... -lintl
configure: error: perl module Locale::gettext required
shell command "
cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_help2man/work/help2man-1.38.2"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-nls " returned error 1
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command failed
Warning: the following items did not execute (for help2man):
org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build
Log for help2man is
at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_help2man/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/ch.wolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.