Variable for Stealth Updates

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Oct 26 13:52:59 PDT 2010

Would it be a good idea to setup functionality like revision so that port will modify distname (or dist_subdir) to accommodate stealth updates? "stealth_update 1"

It seems a little rigid doing everything by hand each time, and no real unified way of handling it. For example, if you're using a python module, you want to ensure you still distfile is stored in the python directory so the other versions of the port can share it. I think this flies against the example documentation but I can't find it on the wiki at the moment.