Port groups howto

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Oct 29 11:43:14 PDT 2010

> Is it possible, that using a port group might cause trouble when you want to build a port step by step using extract, configure, build, destroot, install?

If it's the PortGroup then phases are being clobbered in some fashion. Possible, yes, but unlikely to work at all otherwise.

I suspect it's deeper, like the locking mechanism in MacPorts: you can do multiple non-install commands, but the moment you use an install command all others get locked out--even while it's doing fetch for its dependencies.

Something in the PortGroup might simply be uncovering it. I don't see anything glaringly wrong with the PortGroup and the behavior doesn't seem to reflect the PortGroup, so I assume it's not the PortGroup.