Port groups howto

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Fri Oct 29 12:13:49 PDT 2010

> The source files for the guide are at trunk/doc-new/guide in our
> repository ;-)
Thanks for the hint. I'll see into this. :)

>> Is it possible, that using a port group might cause trouble when you want to build a port step by step using extract, configure, build, destroot, install?
>
> Only if it is modified between the steps.
Hmm… Well, I did not. Just tried to do it step by step, as usual.

> How do you come to the conclusion that a port group might be the
> problem? Also, which port group?
It's the kde4 1.1 port group.

See e.g. here http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26980 (kdepimlibs4) and http://trac.macports.org/ticket/26943#comment:36 (kdelibs4).

Never saw this before, only for these kde4 1.1 ports, but Michael wrote that he is still hunting for bugs in all qt4-mac related ports. So perhaps it will be found at some stage.