Qt4 Poll

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Sep 1 12:55:41 PDT 2010

I agree with Rainer all around.

Apple uses frameworks, but most non-OSX-native projects do not & they
generally work just fine when ported without frameworks to OSX.  Qt and
Python are two of the few exceptions of which I know that can do
framework installs; I'm sure there are others.  That said, I don't think
you (generically) are require to install a framework-based library to
use Aqua or Cocoa or whatever -- you just have to link correctly to get
access to those OSX-internals.  That's what we do in GNU Radio-land, and
it seems to work just fine.  I might be missing a few subtle details of
the actual execution, but I think the over-arching concept is valid. -
MLD