Trouble launching session bus ("DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET is empty")

Janosch Peters jp at binford3000.de
Sun Sep 5 10:43:28 PDT 2010

Hi list,

my session bus is not loading on startup so I tried to run it manually:

zaphod:~ jp$ /opt/local/bin/dbus-daemon --nofork --session
Failed to start message bus: launchd's environment variable
DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET is empty, but should contain a socket path.

I re-installed dbus allready using

port uninstall -f dbus
port install dbus

and loaded the launchd services, but I still get the same error.

Any ideas what might be causing that behaviour? FYI, im on 10.5.8.

cheers,
Janosch