patches for wxwidgets-devel

Titus von Boxberg titus at v9g.de
Thu Sep 9 06:25:43 PDT 2010

Brad,

thanks for the patch.
let's keep the discussion open. Please upload your patches to trac.

I understand the patch and that is definitely a way to do it.
I did not understand yet if the patch corrects a flaw
in the wx configure script (e.g. they use a variable that
gives only the correct results if not using DESTDIR during
installation). At least, a non-macports installation does work.
If that's the case, then you should file your patch upstream to the wx guys.

I decided to tackle the problem programmatically
in the Portfile: That way it has a better chance to survive the next
wxWidgets version unchanged, and at least for me it's clearer to
see what the problem was / what the change does.

That's why I invested some time to fiddle around with Tcl
which is up to now not really a programming language I speak fluently.

I'm not the maintainer, so it's up to him or some committer to decide
if patches or Tcl code are the preferred way.
That's why it would be better that you upload the stuff to trac.

Regards
Titus