trying to avoid a double negative in port variant

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Sep 10 04:19:13 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-10 12:03 , Kjell Konis wrote:
> What I am having trouble figuring out is how to turn off the variant.  When I run (Portfile is in the cwd)
>
>   bash-3.2# port install -recommended

The syntax is
  port install -- -recommended
or
  port install current -recommended

The command line parser treats every argument before the port name (or
the special argument '--') starting with a '-' as parameter. The
pseudo-port 'current' always refers to the Portfile in the current
directory and can be ommitted almost every time except in this case
shown here.

Rainer