trouble building new libpano portfile

Harry van der Wolf hvdwolf at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 05:31:57 PDT 2010

Hi,

libpano13-2.9.17 has just been released.
I wanted to update the Portfile and need to patch libtool for universal
builds as libpano's libtool doesn't work correctly.

I did the following (among many other attempts)

post-configure {
    if {[variant_isset universal]} {
        foreach arch ${universal_archs} {
        reinplace -E {s|-dynamiclib|-dynamiclib -arch ${arch}|g}
${worksrcpath}/libtool
        }
    } else {
        reinplace -E {s|-dynamiclib|-dynamiclib -arch ${build_arch}|g}
${worksrcpath}/libtool
    }
}

However, the ${arch} is not substituted but directly copied into the libtool
file like "-dynamiclib -arch ${arch} -arch ${arch}"
I also tried things like "reinplace -E {s|-dynamiclib|-dynamiclib -arch
`echo ${arch}`|g}  ${worksrcpath}/libtool"

and some other (futile) attempts.
I grepped a lot of Portfiles but can't find a good solution.

Please kick me in the right direction.

Harry