port load/unload

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Sep 18 12:40:18 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-18 21:15 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Do we "do the right thing" by not having them use 'sudo' for LaunchAgents on Snow Leopard?

MacPorts does not make any difference between LaunchDaemons and
LaunchAgents. The default for startupitem.location is LaunchDaemons and
I am not aware of any port changing this setting. There are dbus and
xinit installing LaunchAgents, but those use custom methods/messages.

It always prints 'sudo' in this message. I am not even sure if the
command 'port load' works without root privileges...

Rainer