qt4 question

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Sep 27 10:35:16 PDT 2010

Does anyone actually use -both- qt4-mac and qt4-x11?  They are currently installed separately (in ${prefix}/libexec/qt4-mac and .../qt4-x11), so it is possible to do so.  Reason I'm asking is that most (almost all?) of the ports we have that can be x11/quartz just have variants for these, while qt4 has different actual ports.  I'm thinking of merging them into a single port (qt4) with variants for x11 and quartz (or native or whatever) because I think most of us just use qt4-mac and want it to work correctly, and hence don't really care about cross-platform compatibility (with X11) ... but I'm opening to listening to how you use Qt4.  Thanks! - MLD