python portfile issue with running setup.py twice

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 29 08:46:42 PDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 10:34, Frank Schima wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2010, at 6:59 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> On Sep 28, 2010, at 17:53, Frank Schima wrote:
>>
>>> Undefined symbols:
>>>  "_PyErr_Occurred", referenced from:
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_kin_solve_3 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_kin_solve_2 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_kin_solve_1 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_sp_init_2 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_sp_init_1 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_sp_solve_2 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>      _f2py_rout__solvercore_sp_solve_1 in _solvercoremodule.o
>>>

>> Do you happen to have an old Python.framework in /Library/Frameworks?
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/21030#comment:10
>
> I did have something there and I don't know how it got there. I moved it aside, cleaned and rebuilt but i still see the problem.

Well, it's normal to have something there, if you have the python ports installed. So you should not necessarily have removed it, if everything in there did come from MacPorts ports. I just wanted to be sure you didn't have an old version of the framework in there too from an ancient MacPython installation, as in the ticket I referenced.

> Thanks everyone for the assistance so far. I have created a ticket [1] with my latest portfile if anyone wants to have a look.
>

> Cheers!
> Frank
>
> [1] <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/26672>

I'll see what I can come up with.