[GSoC] Best proposal for community?

Clemens Lang neverpanic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:40:24 PDT 2011

Hi,

first, since this is my first mail to this list, let me quickly
introduce me:

My name is Clemens Lang, I'm currently enrolled in my 6th semester of
computer science at the university of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany.
When I got my first Mac in October 2008 and continued to work with the
console like I was used to from my Linux experience before.
However, I was missing some open source software I grew accustomed to
and while looking for an easy way to install them other than the usual
./configure && make && make install I discovered and tried Fink and
MacPorts and since got stuck with the latter.

I'm interested in participating in GSoC, which is also the reason, why I

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 11:05:14AM -0300, Felipe Tanus wrote:
> My point is that I could change my proposal #2. For this, I need your
> feedback: What is the project that is more important macports
> community?

I'm interested in doing the rev-upgrade task; I'd rather not apply for
the binary task, because I'm afraid I'd be too hard for me. I would
rather like to start slow and finish that perfect than not getting
something done completely.
So if I could convince you to do the binaries, I'd take over rev-upgrade
and both tasks could be completed this summer.

Sorry for jumping in rather late, I had exams till yesterday.

Regards,
--
Clemens