[m]pkg phase

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Mon Apr 11 02:59:33 PDT 2011

Joshua Root wrote:

>> For those that know the backend better, is there any chance we can have MacPorts create an sqlite script to "install" into macports whatever is installed from a MacPorts-produced [m]pkg?
>>
>> I assume it would function like a postflight script.
>
> Certainly theoretically possible. Using sqlite directly would be fragile
> with respect to the db schema changing though.

You would also need to include the pre-activate/post-activate scripts, and thus use Tcl directly.
These are the same issues we discussed for the tarball-packages initially, for the GSoC project.

I suppose the mpkg could be used instead of including package dependency information, though...
That is: instead of including @pkgdep-like information, you would embed ALL the dependencies. :(

But it would probably be better to drop the .pkg support...

It's just in the way, of ever getting this fixed properly.

--anders