security projects thoughts

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Apr 17 10:49:02 PDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Arno Hautala wrote:

> It also doesn't seem unreasonable at all to enter into a discussion
> about what can be done to improve security, what the tradeoffs are,
> and where priorities should be placed, without making an initial
> contribution of code.

An entirely fair point, and just to be clear, I wasn't trying to say "If you have no patches, shut up!" or even imply that, I was simply saying that we had been debating the topic for awhile and if it was possible to take it out of the realm of debate and into more concrete "here's specifically what I mean in the form of patches" territory, that would be desirable, particularly when the topic is somewhat controversial.

- Jordan