[77859] trunk/dports/python

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 17 23:36:36 PDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 01:27, Mark Evenson wrote:

> On 4/18/11 7:36 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 15, 2011, at 00:32, easieste at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> Revision: 77859
>>>          http://trac.macports.org/changeset/77859
>>> Author:   easieste at macports.org
> […]
>
>>> Date:     2011-04-14 22:32:14 -0700 (Thu, 14 Apr 2011)
>>> hg-git-0.2.6: Push to and pull from a Git server repository from Mercurial.
> […]
>> You should notes instead of ui_msg in post-activate.
>
> Committed in [77955](http://trac.macports.org/changeset/77955).

Thanks!

> As a side note: is there any mechanism, current or planned, to enable a port to work with multiple versions of Python as long as it uses something standard like distribute?  As far as I can tell the straight "py-" ports are only valid for python-2.4 and python-2.5.  A pointer to the relevant wiki section or mailing list thread would be appreciated.

py- is the prefix for python 2.4 modules
py25- is for python 2.5 modules
py26- is for python 2.6 modules
etc.

This duplication is deliberate.

Ports that are not python modules but merely use python probably should only exist as a single port (whose name does not begin with a py*- prefix, and which is not in the python category) and instead have variants for each supported version of python.