security projects thoughts

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Apr 18 09:45:15 PDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> And a generated keypair with the private key discarded and
> the public key registered with time stamp differs ... how?

Where is the public key registered? Does the end-user installer do something like:

1. Check that the public key in the package matches the registration (presumably in a way that isn't easy to spoof)
2. Validate the package contents via the signature and the registered public key

?

I think I missed the description of the public key registration, but it seems like that's an important part (which makes it more than 'just a larger hash').

--
Daniel J. Luke