dejagnu broken (at least according to gcc45)

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Tue Apr 19 17:23:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 09:47:47AM -0500, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> On 04/18/2011 10:46 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
>>     Does the MacPorts dejagnu package work for anyone? Using a fresh installation of MacPorts
>> on Snow Leopard, if I execute...
>>
>> doesn't work properly.
>>
>> [MacPro:_Users_howarth_ports_lang_gcc45/work/build] root# make -k check
>> autogen -T ../../gcc-4.5.2/fixincludes/check.tpl ../../gcc-4.5.2/fixincludes/inclhack.def
>> make[2]: autogen: No such file or directory
>> make[2]: *** [check] Error 1
>
>> etc. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Looks like dejagnu works, but you don't have autogen installed.
>
> Peter

Peter,
   Actually it seems to have something to do with executing dejagnu in the ports build directory.
In my account, I have a ~/ports/lang/gcc45 which creates a work directory within the local gcc45
port. I don't understand the rules for creating the subdirectories in work during port file builds.
I've found instances where ~/lang/gcc45/work will exist during a build but will appear to be empty
whereas the complete path to the actual build will be shown by -d. I assume port is doing some
funky stuff with symlinks for the gcc45 build directory path and that might be confusing dejagnu.
I just do a manual build of gcc from the sources, dejagnu works fine. Is there a rule for where
the real path to the build is expected to reside (with resorting to any symlinks in the path)?
I mean like /sw/src/fink.build where the build directories reside in fink without any intervening
symlinks in the path.
            Jack