[78043] trunk/dports/tex

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Apr 20 18:52:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 04:56:18PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2011, at 08:50, phw at macports.org wrote:
> > +post-activate		{ system "mktexlsr" }
>
> What does this do? The manpage says it's used to "generate the ls-R databases". Presumably this means that, post-activate, this port tex-f7u12 will be added to that database? If so, shouldn't there be a similar (or identical?) post-deactivate phase to remove it from the database again?

Correct on both counts. One should run mktexlsr in post-deactivate
as well.

There are probably other ports that aren't doing this because some of
them predate the sqlite registry and its post-deactivate hooks. It's
not a severe problem but worth fixing at some point.

What's likely to be more of a problem for this port is that it installs
into $prefix/share/texmf-dist. That won't work with our texlive ports;
that directory is not in their default search path. The correct
directory to use is ${texlive_texmfports} in the texlive
portgroup; it's defined as $prefix/share/texmf

It would also be preferable to use the most specific texlive dependency
possible rather than depending on the texlive metaport. This is
texlive-basic if the port doesn't require any tex packages other than
the basic TeX ones; possibly also texlive-latex or
texlive-latex-recommended or similar.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/