2.0.1

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Aug 1 19:05:34 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 19:54, Dan Ports <dports at macports.org> wrote:

> It only comes up for ports which install multiple files with the same
> name but different caps. openssl seems to be the main culprit, so I
> committed a hack to make it skip fetching archives in r81559. If other
> ports have the same problem, we may need to do the same or disable
> archive fetching globally.

I'd think a more appropriate fix would be to detect this behavior when
packing or unpacking the archives and discard the archive in that case
only.

It can then be corrected in the port or upstream such that future
archives will be useful again.

Or, treat the case sensitivity of the file system as another build
qualifier and not allow matching unless explicitly unpacked by the
user.

Either way, disabling archive fetching for a port (or all ports)
because of an edge case like this doesn't seem like a good solution.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448