buildbot questions

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Aug 2 09:07:04 PDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>> 	not emailing mk at macports.org (not set up yet)
> Same as every other feature, when someone implements it.
So, this is actually then a buildbot configuration issue?

> The buildslave is behind a restrictive firewall, so it can't fetch from
> svn://, git:// or ftp:// URLs.
I see. OK, that's good to know.

>> 2) To find the output of a certain port's build procedure one would have to download compile-stdio (which get be fairly large). It would be cool to have the possibility to download the stdio output for the respective ports. But I guess this is all buildbot stuff and can't be so easily modified for MacPorts, right?
> Buildbot is designed to be extended. It would be possible to upload all
> the logs to the build master and make them available.
I see. So, once again it's a configuration thing?

> You could also
> just force a build for the port you're interested in by setting a build
> property called 'portlist' with the port name as its value.
Can every registered maintainer initiate this? This, I guess, has to be started via http://build.macports.org/builders ...
If I want to force a certain build, what would I have to specify for Revision, Repository, Projects, Branch and stuff? Can some fields stay empty if I want to current version built? I see there are 3 properties, so I guess one of them would be called 'portlist' and the value would contain a comma-separated list of ports to build.

> No, it only builds automatically in response to commits.
OK, no new commits, no "all" build gets started. Makes sense.

> We only need to get through 'all' once.
Did you ever manage to do so for the >8200 ports currently living on MacPorts?? ;-)