buildbot questions

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Aug 2 12:36:35 PDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Marko Käning wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2011, at 9:29 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> Hopefully just an email containing a link not a 1GB email :-)
> You've got a point! :-)
> One would have to filter out the relevant port and the error message(s) found during build, of course. :-)

I suggest starting with something simple, like an email that says "step X failed. <link-to-build-run>", send it to the committer (which should be easy with buildbot's MailNotifier), and the maintainers(s) of all ports in that build run (harder, but possible). Under normal circumstances, each run/commit should cover a small number of related ports, so getting clever with filtering stdio output should be unnecessary.

-Bill