MPAB question

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Aug 3 12:25:48 PDT 2011

Following the instructions in mpab's Readme.txt I thought that this

	$ sudo ./mpab buildports own_ports

would also use a chroot environment, just as

	$sudo ./mpab

alone, but when I run the first command I do see this:
---
$ sudo ./mpab buildports own_ports
Password:
Warning: not using chroot
Creating port index in /opt/mports/dports

Total number of ports parsed:	0
Ports successfully parsed:	0
Ports failed:			0
Up-to-date ports skipped:	818

Building ports
Building makeicns (1 of 5)...DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/makeicns
.
.
.
---
which clearly tells me that it is NOT using a chroot environment.

And I also see from the script's output above, that it is using my existing port tree at /opt/local/...
which gets even more obvious when I look further down:
---
.
.
.
DEBUG: delete: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_makeicns/makeicns
success
Deactivating makeicns
Building gwenhywfar (2 of 5)...package found, not building again
Building libofx (3 of 5)...package found, not building again
Building ktoblzcheck (4 of 5)...package found, not building again
Building aqbanking (5 of 5)...package found, not building again
Ports built successfully:        5
Ports failed:        0
All logs are located in /Users/marko/.macports/macports/contrib/mpab/logs-20110803-211243
---

The script obviously uses the existing tree.

What did I do wrong here? Or, what am I missing?