llvm-devel / dragonegg new ports

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Aug 4 11:51:15 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I’ve raised the llvm-devel port from the dead to support a new “dragonegg” port. I could have selected to use 2.9 version of both, but it seems some important fixes have been committed since, so the choice of the svn version makes more sense. To those who are not familiar with dragonegg, it is the successor to llvm-gcc, that is a plug-in for gcc that replaces all the gcc-guts (except preprocessor and parser) by llvm optimized routines.

Caveat is that building dragonegg requires to alter the gcc45 portfile to add both --enable-lto and --enable-plugin configure options and a post-destroot copying of a configuration header file (darwin-sections.def).

If nobody objects, I’m going to commit both ports tomorrow. Comments?

Vincent