Auto-variants

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Aug 7 15:50:32 PDT 2011

That works around the problem for *this* case, but the problem (in general) has been around for a long time.  I don't think "auto variants" is what you need.  The solution is to add variants to dependencies, so one could say something like this to require that the rpm52 port be built with the cpio variant:

depends_build.append  port:rpm52+cpio

I thought there was a GSOC about this at some point... ?

--Jeremy