subports help, testing py-tz

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Aug 10 19:59:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 09:37:39PM -0500, Adam Mercer said:
> Hi
>
> I've started looking at porting the NumPy and SciPy ports over to use
> subports (as suggested by Josh in #30674), but before I tackled those
> I'd thought I'd try something a little simpler. Attached is what I
> believe to be the py-tz port modified to use the python portgroup.
>
> Is this OK? Or have I missed something?

I believe you'll want to wrap the post-destroot stuff in a "if {${name} !=
${subport}} {...}" block (so that installs of the base py-tz won't try to
run that, only the versioned stuff); see py-bitstring for an example.

Also, you probably want to set python.default_version since it otherwise is
set to 24 and that makes no sense if you don't have anything < 26...

See #16723 for some of the history on some stuff concerning the python group
and subports:

<https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16723>

If possible set license as well.

Bryan