subports help, testing py-tz

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Aug 10 20:09:32 PDT 2011

On 2011-8-11 12:37 , Adam Mercer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've started looking at porting the NumPy and SciPy ports over to use
> subports (as suggested by Josh in #30674), but before I tackled those
> I'd thought I'd try something a little simpler. Attached is what I
> believe to be the py-tz port modified to use the python portgroup.
>
> Is this OK? Or have I missed something?

Looks mostly fine, the main thing missing is that you don't want to run
the post-destroot block when the subport is py-tz, because it's a
metaport that just depends on the default version.

Is there a reason for not including 24 and 25? Either way, if you don't
have a 24 version, you'll want to change python.default_version to one
of the versions you do have (probably 27).

- Josh