unified python portgroup and different versions for different python versions

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Aug 14 06:38:33 PDT 2011

On 2011-8-14 16:53 , Adam Mercer wrote:
> Hi
>
> There are a couple of ports I'd like to transition over to the
> python-1.0 portgroup but the complication is that different versions
> are required for different python versions. For example, one port
> requires version 1.x for python2 and version 2.x for python3. Is there
> a way to achieve this using the unified python portgroup?

There's nothing in the portgroup to handle this case. You can change
anything you want in a subport though. Whether this is a good idea in
any particular case depends on how it affects clarity and whether that's
worth the reduction in code duplication.

If there are features that could be added to the portgroup that would
make this kind of thing easier without making the common case more
complicated, we could consider those.

- Josh