[82627] trunk/dports/shells/psh/Portfile

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Aug 17 12:51:18 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 03:57:18AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I haven't really looked at what all the changes in the perl5 portgroup recently are, but why does this port set perl5.major to 5.12? What's the reasoning?

This is a port that uses the perl5 portgroup but is really installing a
program that happens to use perl rather than a perl library. There seem
to be about half a dozen of these. (See also the non-py-* ports that
use the Python portgroup)

So this port installs for one specific version of perl rather than
providing subports for different perl versions, which is why it needs
to set perl5.major. One could provide variants to change which version
it uses, as some of the Python ports do, but it didn't seem
particularly valuable to do so here.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/