bin:* dependencies and searched directories

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Aug 22 03:32:28 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-22 11:34:31 +0200, Rainer Müller wrote:
> On 2011-08-22 02:01, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > I got the following bug report:
> >
> >   https://trac.macports.org/ticket/30922
> >
> > The problem is that some directories in $PATH, like /usr/texbin, are
> > not searched by MacPorts. Shouldn't this be a change in base?
>
> MacPorts uses its own PATH, see the binpath setting macports.conf.
> The PATH from the user could refer to binaries inferring with a
> build so it is not used (for example, the user added
> ${prefix}/libexec/gnubin at the front).

OK. I think that even though the latexmk build itself will never run
latex (this is only a runtime dependency), there is a risk that if
some other port (possibly local for some user) has a build-dependency
on latexmk, things will not work if latex is not in the MacPorts PATH.
So, I agree and I'm going to close the bug.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>