muniversal destroot question

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Thu Aug 25 05:37:15 PDT 2011

On Aug 25, 2011, at 2:28 AM, Konis Kjell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the universal PortGroup to add a universal variant to the R port. I get through the build phase but destroot is not able to merge the architecture specific destroots.  The R make install scripts will do the merging if there is already an R installation for a different architecture so I was wondering if there is a way to tell muniversal to use only a single destroot?

I dont' know. You could overwrite the universal PortGroup destroot phase and copy or symlink the required files/dirs from each ${worksrcpath}-${arch} into something that works with R's build process.

Looking at the muniverse PortGroup file I'm wondering why we don't copy worksrcpath for each arch in either the post-extract or post-patch?
    configure {
        # Fix inability to find nm when cross-compiling (#22224, #23431, #23687, #24477, et al)
        configure.env-append    NM=/usr/bin/nm

        foreach arch ${universal_archs_to_use} {
            ui_info "$UI_PREFIX [format [msgcat::mc "Configuring %1\$s for architecture %2\$s"] $name ${arch}]"

            copy ${worksrcpath} ${worksrcpath}-${arch}

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)