clean only old distfiles?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Aug 30 15:50:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 17:47, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2011, at 4:35 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> I use this script:
>>
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2010-June/020560.html
>>
>> Actually, an updated version of that script.... I should commit it to the repository or something.
>
> which does something similar, but not exactly what the poster wanted...

I was just about to post the same thing. The linked script deletes
distfiles that are more than a year old, incomplete files more than a
day old, and empty directories.
It has the potential to both miss deleting distfiles (multiple
upgrades within the year) and delete relevant ones (ports without an
update in over a year).

> I think it would be useful for 'port' to be able to remove all non-current distfiles for installed ports.

As well as port signatures for uninstalled ports. :-)

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448