[83340] trunk/dports/graphics/librsvg/Portfile

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Wed Aug 31 08:37:50 PDT 2011

On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:56 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-8-31 07:21 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> You're right for the wrong reason; the s in sbin is not for "server".
>>
>> Either way, point is, sbin is for programs the user does not invoke directly; bin is for programs the user does invoke directly.
>
> Now you're thinking of libexec. As per hier(7), /usr/sbin and by analogy
> ${prefix}/sbin are for "system daemons & system utilities (executed by
> users)".

My understanding for the use of sbin was mistaken. My reason for putting this script in sbin was to avoid a conflict with port svg2pdf; evidently a bad idea.

I believe the port sources for svg2pdf are unmaintained and obsolete. In my experience, and others I have conferred with, the pdf files produced by the svg2pdf program are of poor quality.

A solution to librsvg incorrectly installing sbin/svg2pdf could be to replace/conflict the ports librsvg and svg2pdf.

Another solution would be to rename the librsvg svg2pdf  script to something like rsvg2pdf.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)