can't compile on lion

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Wed Aug 31 12:30:53 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 02:14:39PM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> On Wed, August 31, 2011 2:05 pm, Daniel wrote:
> > Hey, I just tried compiling macports after installing Xcode on Lion. I get
> > this:
> >
> > checking Mac OS X version... 10.7.1
> > checking Xcode version... 3.2.4
>
> I guess you need Xcode 4, which I believe is free now.

Actually, Xcode 4.0.x appears to be in limbo now. It has yet to appear on
connect.apple.com for the free ADC accounts and is no longer available
for purchase in the App Store. So for new installations of Xcode on SL,
it appears that folks are trapped at Xcode 3.2.6 unless they want to
upgrade to Lion and use Xcode 4.1.
             Jack