reduce-algebra portfile

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:48:27 PST 2011

I can download reduce-algebra-20101007.tar.bz2 from sourceforge. It's not as up to-date as svn.

On another note, I think I know why the local source failed to build. The main.log shows the following errors:

:info:build MACHINE: Undefined variable.
:info:build (cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/dist/kernel/; make  MACHINE= PSL=/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce-algebra/reduce-algebra/work/trunk/psl/dist bfiles)
:info:build make[1]: *** No rule to make target `bfiles'.  Stop.
:info:build make: *** [bfiles] Error 2
:info:build shell command "./make-psl.sh" returned error 2

I suspect that the errors stem from the undefined variable 'MACHINE'. The MACHINE variable ist set according to names derived from config-guess. And in make-psl.sh I find a series of if statements, including:
----------
if test $guess = "x86_64-apple-darwin10.4.0"
 then
        export MACHINE=macintel64
fi

if test $guess = "i386-apple-darwin10.4.0"
 then
        export MACHINE=macintel
fi
---------

But config is reporting "OS darwin/11.2.0 (Mac OS X 10.7) arch i386".

BTW, config.guess is a script that attempts to guess a canonical system name similar to config.sub.  If it succeeds, it prints the system name on stdout, and exits with 0.  Otherwise, it exits with 1.

On Dec 13, 2011, at 6:53 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2011, at 18:38, Mark Brethen wrote:
>
>> I found the url that is used to download the files in an xport.pat file (first line looks like "Master http://www.zib.de/...")in the /psl directory. The portfile uses "fetch.type          svn" to fetch Reduce. Is it permissible to have multiple fetch types in a single portfile?
>
> No, a port can only use one fetch type.
>
> Can reduce fetch from http instead? That would be preferable anyway.
>
> If not ,you would have to write your own http fetch code in a post-fetch block.

Mark