reduce-algebra portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 13 19:48:49 PST 2011

On Dec 13, 2011, at 21:20, Mark Brethen wrote:

> Ah, config.guess has an old timestamp and newer one was found at http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD. So, I guess I'll have to writ my own http fetch code in a post-fetch block. Can you point me to doc/examples?

There aren't many ports overriding or augmenting the fetch phase. valgrind-devel is an example, but it shows using svn to fetch an additional repository.

Instead, you'd be using curl to download the file into ${distpath}. You'd want to check first to make sure the file isn't already there.

I also don't know how checksum verification will work -- whether MacPorts will do checksum verification for fetch types other than the default http. If not, you may have to switch things around -- have MacPorts fetch the http files and checksum them, and in the post-fetch block you use svn to get the rest.