reduce-algebra portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 14 13:50:15 PST 2011

On Dec 14, 2011, at 08:41, Mark Brethen wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2011, at 12:14 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 14, 2011, at 00:04, Mark Brethen wrote:
>>
>>> you should also look in config.guess in the trunk directory. It's pretty wild.
>>
>> Is there something unusual about it? It looks to me like a perfectly ordinary (albeit two-year-old) copy of GNU config.guess. You can read "man config.guess" to learn a little more about this program.
>
> It might be better to patch 'make-psl.sh' and 'make-reduce.sh' to call config.guess from /opt/local (I did a find and they're installed all over the place) instead of fetching one.

Ok, but the only purpose of config.guess is to look at your system and print a string like (on my system) "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0". I'm not sure but I'd hope config.guess has figured out enough of how OS X works by now to be able to do that reliably even on future versions of OS X.

> I can also fix the darwin rev. numbers.

That would be primarily a matter to help out the upstream developers, but it doesn't look like those lines of the script are of any use to MacPorts. We want the user to be able to choose the architecture; that choice is expressed as the build_arch variable and the reduce-algebra port should use build_arch to pick the MACHINE variable.

> The other matter is tracing where its trying to exec '/usr/bin/../llvm-gcc-4.2/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2'. Any idea were to start looking?

Can you send me your current Portfile? I'll give it a try and see what I see.